Monday, May 25, 2009

The Perak Crisis

(written on Feb 9, 2009)

Hmm.. I feel like writing about this.

The issue in Perak has caught my attention. I am not the kind of person who read the newspaper and watch the news everyday, but the Perak issue has made me one (ok, not watching the news part). I do not care who rule the state; for all I care, as long as the governing party do their job, it is enough for me. Owh, actually I do not really care, since I am not a Perak-ian anyway.

However, since the Perak issue touches matters on the Power of the Sultans, I turned from someone who is quite ignorance, to someone who cares. The fact that the former MB of Perak does not want to admit to his loss of power and Karpal wants to sue the Sultan of Perak really has triggered some WTH feeling in me. The first time I read about the former MB said, "mohon sembah derhaka," to the Sultan, I was like, "are you serious?" Then I read he said something like, hoping the people were on his (and the opposition) side. I mean, seriously, if he wants to go against the Sultan, do it alone. Do not promote the immorale act of disloyalty towards the Sultan to the public. And do not let me start on Karpal. He wants to sue the Sultan?! Who does he think he is? And the supporters who threw rocks to the Royalties' cars? I mean, seriously?

Yes, the change of power in Perak was too abrupt. Some people were questioning why the Sultan did not order for another election to be done. They said the Sultan could have dismissed the DUN, instead of bringing BN into power. So what are they trying to say actually? That the Sultan favors BN more? Or are they trying to say that BN has 'poisoned' the Sultan's mind?

Maybe they forgot that our Sultans have the final say on everything basically. Maybe they have forgotten that although our Sultans and Kings are bonded with law, they still have veto power..maybe not that much, but they do. If we look at our Parliament, any new law that the government want to make has to go through our Yang diPertuan Agong. The fact that everything has to go through the Sultans and Kings means that they have the choice to approve it or not. If our Sultans and Kings have only one choice, what is the point of presenting anything to them? Do these disloyal people think our Sultans and Kings are just nodding machines--saying yes to anything that they say? Although I do not study law, but based on what I read, yes, maybe the Sultan has the power to dismiss the DUN, but we should not forget that based on the law, he also has the power to bring BN into power. So based on his judgement, he brought BN into power. That is what he has decided, and that is what we have to obey. We do not know why he decided on that. Maybe to the opposition, they might think that BN has something to do with his decision. But personally, I would say BN has nothing to do with his decision because he is a Sultan for heaven's sake--whoever rules the state, he still has the higher power. And I would lmao if suddenly people said BN bribe the Sultan. HAR HAR HAR. As if Sultan does not have enough money and power already.

Nizar's act of not admitting to his loss is a shame to me. Personally, I think he is making a fool of himself. He should instead be a gentleman, and step down. Just wait for the next election. Maybe he should be reminded that the Sultan was the one who appointed him as the MB in the first place. Why he did not go against the Sultan at that time, although clearly, he was not the one with the highest vote? Owh, of course..who would say no to power..right?

Karpal, Nizar, and their supporters should be thankful that I were not the Sultan. If I were the Sultan, I would have sent them for exile.

Maybe we should always be reminded of our Rukun Negara.

Maka kami, rakyat Malaysia, berikrar akan menumpukan seluruh tenaga dan usaha kami bagi mencapai cita-cita tersebut berdasarkan kepada prinsip-prinsip yang berikut:

Kepercayaan kepada Tuhan
Kesetiaan kepada raja dan negara
Keluhuran perlembagaan
Kedaulatan undang-undang
Kesopanan dan kesusilaan

In Islam, when we pray, we should do all the '13 rukun solat' in which if we fail to do even one of them, our prayer is considered as tidak sah (ok, what is it in English..). So logically, as Malaysians, if we fail to do any of the Rukun Negara, I would say, we are not eligible to call ourselves Malaysians.

DAULAT TUANKU

0 comments:

Post a Comment